- A proud moment when the Constitution of India came into existence is celebrated as Indian Republic Day every year on 26 January with joy and great enthusiasm.
- The Constitution of India was drafted by Dr. B R Ambedkar which helped to replace the existing government of India Act 1935.
- The Constitution of India was actually passed on 26 Nov. 1949 and India becomes a democratic republic on 26 Jan 1950.
- Speech was given by Shrikant Yadav (IB) and Aarav Kapoor (II A).
- Also a patriotic song was sung by Choir Group.
- Sweets were distributed among the children after National Anthem.
XII District Badminton Championship was organized by District Badminton Club Mathura from 13th Jan. to 15th Jan. 2017 at Sports Stadium, Ganeshra, Mathura. It was an Inter School Competition wherein many schools participated. Four boys and four girls from Classes VI to XI participated in this competition. VEDAANSH from Class VIII F stood FIRST in Under 13 Boys Singles and Doubles category. MALAVIKA from Class XI D also secured the FIRST position in Under 19 Girls Singles category. Furthermore MALAVIKA added another feather to the cap by bagging the FIRST position in Mixed Doubles as well. Over all Army Public School, Mathura Cantt. was adjudged Runners up in the competition bringing laurels to the institution.
APS Mathura Cantt. conducted the Talent Hunt Fest on 19th Dec. where in events like Debate Competition and Mad advertisement were held. It was an Inter school competition where five schools participated viz St. Dominics, Gyandeep, KV 1, Ratanlal Phool Katori and APS Mtr. Cantt. The topic for debate was ‘Demonetisation is the only panacea to curb black money’. The students were also given a product to draft an advertisement and thereafter enact the same. The concept of Mad Advt. was appreciated by everyone. The event was judged by Dr Z Hasan, Dr GB Pandey and Miss Meghana. The winner trophy was secured by KV 1 and APS Mathura Cantt bagged the Runners up Trophy. The event was a grand success.
Vijay Diwas or Basantar Day is celebrated on 16th Dec. every year to commemorate India’s hard-won victory in a tank battle at Basantar during the 1971 Indo Pak War. The students of APS Mathura Cantt. also paid homage to the martyrs of this war through a special assembly, patriotic song competition and a speech by Devika Ramnathkar of XI D. This is how we also paid a tribute to the brave hearts.