It is very rightly said, “Success comes and goes but integrity stays forever.” Sometimes people misunderstand Honesty to Integrity. In fact, Honesty is telling the truth to the other people but integrity is telling the truth to own self. Integrity assesses our personality and attitude. To make the students understand the value of Integrity and to reinforce this thought amongst all the staff members a pledge was taken on 2nd Nov. 2018 by almost 2800 students and 100 staff members.
Further it was on 3rd Nov. 2018 that a quiz on the topic was conducted during the assembly for the students from Classes IX to XII. Following types of questions were asked from the students:
- Which of the following is an example of a category of people who societies expect to act with integrity?
- Police Officers
- All of the above
- The act of copying another person’s work and submitting it as though it were your own is known as what?
- None of the above
- You are shopping at a department store when you accidentally knock an expensive crystal bowl off the shelf. It got broken into pieces. You are alone in the aisle – no one saw……… You
- Immediately find the store Manager and offer to pay for the bowl.
- Walk out of the store. It was an accident after all.
- Immediately find the store manager. Point to another customer and say you saw him or her deliberately smash the bowl.
- You are taking a stroll on a beach when you see a bundle of Rs 2000 fall from the pocket of an elderly man walking in front of you. He doesn’t notice the fallen money. You ……………
- Pick up the money and hand it back to him
- Pick up the money, hand him over only 50% of the amount and tell him he dropped it.
- Pick up the money and pocket it, after all Finders are Keepers.
- You take your 13 year old younger brother to a movie. The Box Office Cashier assumes that he is younger and charges him for a child’s ticket by mistake. You………….
- Tell the cashier your brother’s true age since it does not set a good example
- Very happily take a cheaper ticket but explain to your brother that in most cases one should be honest but here it is ok
- Take the cheaper ticket. It is no big deal
- Take a cheaper ticket and casually say most of the people do this.
Thus the students were enlightened that Integrity is firm adherence to a code of moral or artistic values. In other words they understood that the root of integrity is about doing right thing even when it is not convenient for us or it is not acknowledged by others. It is a behavior based virtue we can cultivate and nurture over time through such activities.